Thursday, April 25, 2013

Poetry: It Just Takes Some Time

One thing I know is it takes some time
I can't tell how many times I've sighed
When I go back over all the things I did
But I'll come right back to what you said

I wish life was beautiful for us
Wondering when it became so rough
It's hard to explain emotions but
Cynicism is like a form of corrosion

And for so long I've had a broken heart
Full of tears from sudden stops and starts
I've taken so much time to think it all over
I've spent way too many mornings so hung over

There's always so much to sort out
It takes some time to feel good about
Those things you don't feel so good about
But maybe in time it'll all work out

And it takes some time to get back in the game
Spending all your time pretending to be sane
Take a step back and take a look at your life
Figure out a way to cut out all of that strife

And I stop and think I've been taking my time
and I've only ended up at the back of the line
Don't know whether I've done right or wrong
but I guess I gotta keep going right along

I took some time to write another stupid song
Tried to make it catchy and fun to sing along
Sometimes you can be happy about being unhappy
I don't want to be thought of as oh so sappy

No comments:

Post a Comment