Monday, February 25, 2013

Poetry: Generic Self Hate Song in C

NOTE: This one is being turned into a song by my band, FIPHSD.



I can't help but think that life is overrated
and all your accomplishments are overstated
It goes from grey to a colour oversaturated
Your way of life is something I always hated

I try to find meaning and I just don't see it
I've read all the books and I can't believe it
I like some people and the things we create
But overall it's just a world filled with hate

It's always been the humble and noble few
Who have given me any reason to mildew
I don't want to hurt anyone for any reason
So I'll have to wait out the end of my season

Sometimes I just can't stand myself
Sometimes I wanna take it off the shelf
My patience is wearing my patience thin
But it's alright, in a while I'll be okay again

I think what takes the best of us
seems to always hurt the rest of us
I think saying our loving goodbyes
could take us the rest of our lives

I didn't ask for this
You didn't ask for this
We didn't ask for this
Why did we receive this?

I've heard them say life is a gift
But from whom and for what?
Well I'd like to thank whomever
For giving me what I didn't want

2 comments:

  1. Is it better to live and know it, or not live and never know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't know so it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete